A Level Computer Science: Database Management System
This module contains:
Compatible with the following examination boards
Database Management System
A database management system is a tool to record, manage, and organise information in a database. It offers various advantages:
- A centralised location for storing data.
- Different types of access to different users.
- Provides an interface for the user to work with data.
- Acts as a backup that can be accessed in case of accidental loss of data.
This A Level Computer Science module introduces database management system to your students, explaining:
- Limitations of the file-based approach
- Benefits of DBMS
- DBMS software tools
- Data Definition Language (DDL) vs. Data Manipulation Language (DML)
More Exchanging data Modules
Database Management System is one lesson in our Exchanging data module. The other theory lessons can be found below: