Teach Any Computer Science Class
We have put together a full GCSE Computer Science curriculum that will give you all the teaching materials you need to teach any topic.
Whether you're a brand new Computer Science teacher, or you've been teaching ICT for years, our resources will save you hours and hours of lesson preparation every single week.View the Lessons →
The following program will demonstrate the INPUT and OUTPUT instructions of the LMC.
Running the program: the program simply INPUTS a number, then OUTPUTS it.
INP OUT HLT
- Copy the three-line program above and paste it into the Program box.
- Click on the “Assemble Program” button.
- After the program is assembled you should see RAM addresses 0 to 2 contain the machine code instructions shown in the image.
- Click on the RUN button.
- When prompted, INPUT a number.
- If you have difficulty following what is happening, read the explanation below and use STEP instead of RUN so you can follow each step.
INP //the input value is copied into the accumulator. OUT //the value in the accumulator is sent to the OUTPUT. HLT //the program halts.
INPUT = 2
OUTPUT = 2