A Level Computer Science: Server-side scripting
This module contains:
Compatible with the following examination boards
A database management system is a tool to record, manage, and organise information in a database. It offers various advantages:
- A centralised location for storing data.
- Different types of access to different users.
- Provides an interface for the user to work with data.
- Acts as a backup that can be accessed in case of accidental loss of data.
This A Level Computer Science module introduces server-side scripting to your students, explaining:
- Limitations of the file-based approach
- Benefits of DBMS
- DBMS software tools
- Data Definition Language (DDL) vs. Data Manipulation Language (DML)
More Exchanging data Modules
Server-side scripting is one lesson in our Exchanging data module. The other theory lessons can be found below: